<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cell phone car crashes


I found these pictures in an article at Car Accidents.com. The driver of the car in these pictures was lucky to survive the accident. And the other driver? Running late for work while talking on her cell phone.
Hi, My name is Dan, I am 28 years old and live in Boston, Massachusetts, and here is my story.

It was about 8:30 AM on October 29, 2002. I was driving along the Massachusetts turnpike on my way to work when the accident occurred. I was driving a Special Kona Edition 2000 Ford Focus ZX3. It was my first new car, and I had only owned it for about a year and a half.
I was driving in the far left lane of a 4 lane highway, doing about 70mph, when i noticed a young lady in a small toyota weaving in and out of traffic trying to get ahead of everyone else.
I was just passing her in the left lane and she was in the lane to my right, when she suddenly moved over into my lane. I tried to get out of her way but there was no shoulder on the left side only a cement jersey barrier, and i hit my horn but she just kept coming anyways...It turns out that she was talking on her cellphone and was late for work, which is why she never heard my horn. She hit the right front of my car causing me to completely lose control and my car suddenly veered to the right across all four lanes of traffic before it slammed almost head on into a cement jersey barrier.
My car was totalled and i was left with a serious back injury. The police and EMT's who transported me to the hospital said i was lucky to be alive. I was wearing my seatbelt and my airbags deployed. The state police were amazed that i was not hit by other vehicles since it was rush hour and the highway was very busy.
Needless to say, as you can tell from the pictures my car was destroyed.I hope these pictures and story will help other people realize that talking on a cellphone while driving is very dangerous. So please if you need to make a call pull over. It could save you life.
Face it, crazy drivers are everywhere. All it takes is less than one second and someones life is changed forever. But, as always, some people think that whatever they are conversing on the phone about is more important than watching where they are going.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home