<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Two stupid things at once!


Ah, the relative ignorance of the youth of today! I found this article at Car Accidents.com. Talk about a bunch of idiots! How stupid canyou be, using a cell phone while driving drunk! Just one is bad enough, doing both at one time is just asking for certain trouble. The greatest danger to teenagers on the road is inexperience. This manifests itself in such risk taking activities as driving drunk. And that problem is compounded when a cell phone comes into play.
This happened just a few days ago in Green Bay, WI on Friday the 13th in 2006. I was driving just after leaving a get together with two of my friends around 4 a.m. We were all three highly intoxicated. We picked up another friend. Two girls in the front, and two guys in the back, all only 17 .
The music was blasting, and my cell phone rang. I picked it up without thinking, and smashed into a tree head on going 70 m.p.h. on a residential road. It turns out, it was my friend on the phone checking up on me. She wanted us to go back there because they all had a bad feeling.
After I gained consciousness, I woke up to my friend laying on my lap, her face covered in blood. She was screaming she couldn't feel her legs. Shes still in the hospital. She'll be able to walk again in at least 9 months. She won't be able to ever run again though.
The guy on the rear passenger side is okay now, he had torn ligaments in his arm. The other guy and I are okay. Nobody was wearing seat belts. We are all so lucky, we should have died. It was a horrible, tragic experience.
I'm never drinking and driving again! It was a harsh lesson, but I honestly hope someone can learn from my mistake. If you think nothing bad won't ever happen to you, just remember this phrase "Not Yet". It just hasn't happened yet, but I promise you, it will!
Hopefully, others will see this piece and learn from it. But, as always, there will always be those that think that this will always happen to the other person. They think "This will never jappen to me." Then, in the end, they turn into the other guy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home