<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Monday, September 11, 2006

A cell phone user gets his just rewards!

Here is another story that I found at Car Talk.com. In this written account, the guy, Bill Hobbins, describes nearly getting hit by some knucklehead pulling out of a parking lot while talking on a cell phone. He then procedes to get his revvenge by "accidently" running over the mans cell phone. How much I would love to do that every single day. Here is what he wrote to Car Talk.

In light of your "Drive Now, Talk Later" campaign, my friends have encouraged me to tell you what happened to me on my way home from work a couple of Fridays ago:

I was approaching an equipment rental business in my aging Dodge minivan when a man who was talking on his cell phone (and pulling a small trailer with a ditch witch on board) pulled out of the rental store parking lot right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and managed to get the Caravan stopped. Annoyed, I slammed my hand down on the horn and held it for a good while as he continued his LEFT TURN ACROSS A BUSY STREET! When I blew my horn, he attempted to lift the middle finger of his left hand (the hand holding the cell phone while propped up in the open window of his Blazer) toward me, and in so doing lost control of the phone, which flew out his open window directly toward me.

Wait, it gets better! The phone flew a short distance, bounced and came to rest just in front of me. As I rolled forward, I heard the phone crunch under the left front, then the left rear tire of my van (a feat I couldn't duplicate in a hundred tries!). As I continued, I glanced in my rearview mirror and saw the remains of his cell phone in a small pile of high-tech particles on the street. I can only hope the driver of the Blazer attempted to retrieve his phone. Moral of the story: There is justice in the universe for those who talk on the cell phone while driving! Give 'em "what for," guys!

Bill Hobbins

The next story make me wonder how people think they can talk on their cell phones while driving. The man in this can't even do so while walking.

On a recent list of Darwin Award nominees (the Darwin Award is an award for taking yourself out of the gene pool in a spectacular fashion), I read about a gentleman who killed himself by WALKING into a tree while talking on his cell phone. And people think they can DRIVE?

Diana

If they can't use their cell phones while walking, driving is thousands of time worse!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home