<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Friday, December 26, 2008

An interview with John Forester

"Cyclists fare best when they act and are treated as drivers of vehicles."


While researching the topic of vehicular cycling, I came across this interview with John Forester, the author of Effective Cycling. In this interview, he discusses the many misconceptions and false truths about safe bicycle riding. John goes on to show how the American public grossly overestimates how dangerous it is for cyclists to ride in traffic.

Later on in the interview, he states how the American public also grossly underestimates how dangerous bikepath riding really is.

Unfortunately, do to some very heavy snow these last few weeks, I have not been able to get out on my bike to ride to work. In the past, I would have been one of the riders who would have been riding on the bike path. However, several incidents have caused me to change my attitude toward the use of the bike paths. Most of these incidents concern people, both in cars and on bicycles, just not bothering to watch where they are going.


Labels: , ,


1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend you get an Air Zound ... 110 decibels of rechargeable air horn. After years of a clink-clink bell ... I finally put one on one of my bikes, and it has certainly more than paid for itself in reduced aggravation ... and attention getting sound.

- Freth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home