<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Hopefully, this driver learned his lesson

I just got this story from Car Talk. The father in this story learned where his attention should be when he is driving his car. Fortunately, he learned that it was not worth the risk to take the call. I just hope his son learns this before he starts driving.


used to think that it was no big deal to drive while talking on a mobile phone. That was until I came close to killing myself and my ten-year-old son. We were traveling down the road one Saturday morning when I thought I heard my phone ring. I looked down where I normally kept it and it wasn't there. It had slid down between the two front seats. Still thinking it was ringing, I literally forgot that I was driving and tried to get to it. The next thing I knew, I had rammed into the car in front of me. The car had come to a stop while waiting for the car in front of it to make a left hand turn into a driveway. A split second after we hit, a truck hit us from behind.

My car was a total loss. The airbag inflated and the inside of the car was filled with smoke from it. I looked over at my son and saw that he couldn't breath because of the smoke. I will never get the look on his face out of my mind. Fortunately, we came through with only a few bruises and scrapes; we were both wearing our seatbelts. There never was a phone call. I only thought I had heard it.
Wayne

It is good to hear that no one got hurt in this incident. The outcome could have been much worse!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home