<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Some thoughts on 9/11

It has now been five years since the day that the World Trade Center was struck down by zealous fundalmentalists who despise the freedom that we enjoy everyday, and I was remembering where I was when it happened.

I was at work when a fellow coworker told me that someone had flown into the WTC. Of course, at the time, I didn't believe him that this could happen. It was after I got home from work that I was watching television when the scene was replayed. That was when it struck home that we had been attacked on our own soil. In the replay was when I saw the towers fall. What a bold and foolish way to promote their militaristc brand Islam.

It has been five years now and, like the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, for these fundalmentalists, the attack was both a tactical victory and a strategic defeat. The chaos that hoped to cause did not happen. It is because of the American spirit that we were able to return to "normal" as quickly as we were able to.

Sad to think that the President has used the attack on the Towers to justify invading a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. There was no reason to attack Iraq. Our goal there was to remove Saddam Hussein from power and so far we have accomplished that. No w we are stuck there until there is a functioning democratic government is set up and that country is at peace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home