<data:blog.pageName/> |<br /> <data:blog.title/>

<data:blog.pageTitle/>




Powered by WebRing.

Monday, October 30, 2006

If you don't need them, don't use them

With the days getting shorter, and the nights getting, I am wondering one thing: What is it with all these people who believe that they absolutely need to have their high beams when they drive at night?
The event that led to this question happened just this evening. I was riding home from my mother's house on my bicycle when some nutcase who happened to be going the other way drove by with their high beams on. Needless to say, I was blinded by this jackass. Naturally, he (or she) did not see me crash. This person also did not have to go through the few anxious hours that I and my parents had in the emergency room. Luckily, I got out of this with only a few stitches.
Why do people use their high beams? Is it because they are forgetting about the general rule about not overdriving their headlights? Or is it that they just don't care and don't want to slow down? This is just one of those areas where people should really be using their brains. Not onlly do they blind everyone else of the road, but under the right conditions they can even blind themselves. This can really get dangerous!
With the high beams, if you don't need them, don't use them. The life you save coould be your own. Or mine.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home